New Enquiry Schools

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 at 17:26
I received an email today from Rebecca Branch at A New Direction (the new name for the London office of Creative Partnerships). I had asked her if there would be any further opportunities for our partner schools to get involved in the national C P programme. This is her response:

There will be another round of applications for the Enquiry School
programme beginning around Easter next year for a September 09 start.
We have to expand to more boroughs so are currently in the process of
working out how many places there will be for Greenwich schools but I
can certainly let you know and it'd be great if you could flag it with
them as appropriate.

The other thing that we are hoping to develop in the new year (this is
as A New Direction outside the CP programme) is a kind of 'membership'
scheme - this isn't quite the right word, but the kind of thing we're
looking at is providing a mechanism to support and encourage schools to
share practice, work together on a shared/ common interest area of
research, come to a couple of events etc - do you get the idea? I've
got to work it up a bit yet...again, we can certainly feed these schools
into that.

Hope this helps.

With best wishes

Rebecca

This is encouraging news and means that some, if not all, of our partner schools will have a chance of becoming involved in Creative Partnerships. As I made clear at the meeting recently, I am more than happy to support any of you who wish to make an application and I will continue to lobby C P to offer you the chance. If you do want to get involved, it might be a good idea to start thinking about this and finding out more about Enquiry Schools as soon as possible. Let me know if you need me to help you find the necessary information. In addition, I think we should all register our interest in the "membership" scheme Rebecca mentions. Sounds like it will also be a way for us to share best practice and attarct useful interest in our shared commitment to creative learning.

3 comments

  1. Jon
    I've posted this onto Brooklands Head of Music, as Helen was looking for more funding to continue the Music input. As it seems that the schools haven't started to blog yet.
    Cheers Nick

  2. Jon Says:

    Thanks Nick. I'll mention to each of the schools as I visit them in the New Year. I heard about an educational fund for Greenwich and Lewisham schools today which I'll post more information about when I get the details. Looks interesting.

  3. Jon Says:

    Here's a link to the website of the Sir William Boreman's Foundation:
    http://www.thedrapers.co.uk/Charities/boremans.shtml
    Guidelines for applications from schools are at the bottom of the page.